WE PROPOSE TO HOLD AN INDEFINITE HUNGER STRIKE IN FRONT OF THE DAK BHAWAN FROM 07.03.2017 BY ALL INDIA OFFICE BEARERS OF OUR UNION. THE ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED MAY KINDLY BE FORWARDED TO THE GENERAL SECRETARY IMMDIATELY.
Thursday, 19 January 2017
Friday, 23 December 2016
AS INTIMATED IN THE DEPARTMENTAL COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 20.12.2016 BY THE DEPARTMENT THE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ISSUED FOR RECRUITMENT OF WORKS CLERK GRADE-II AND ELECTRICIANS IN THE DEPARTMENT.
THE REVISION OF PAY TO LIFT OPERATORS, ORDERS WILL BE ISSUED SOON BY THE DIRECTORATE.
THE CADRE RESTRUCTURING OF CIVIL WING STAFF ALSO UNDER ACTIVE CONSIDERATION AND WE CAN EXPECT FAVORABLE ORDERS SOON
Posted by NATIONAL UNION OF POSTAL CIVIL WING EMPLOYEES at 02:22
Thursday, 22 December 2016
Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Thursday, 1 December 2016
COPY OF LETTER ISSUED BY THE GENERAL SECRETARY
No.NUPCE/GS/2016 Date : 1st December, 2016
Department of Posts
Subject : Various issues pending before the Department in respect of the Civil Wing Establishment – regading.
With due respect we would like to place before your good honour various issues relating to the Civil Wing Staff members for your personal intervention and getting the problems solved out at the earliest convenience.
1. Implementation of Cadre Review in Civil Wing non-gazetted staff :- A Committee headed by the Superintending Engineer(P&D) in the Civil Wing, Department of Posts, New Delhi was constituted for considering the cadre restructuring of the non-gazetted ministerial staff at the fag end of 2014 as per the VI Pay Commissions Recommendations and prevailing Government orders to consider the cadre reviews in all cadres. The Union members were also attended as members of the Committee meetings and put forth proposals in this regard. After a long deliberations the Committee finalized a report and submitted to the Chief Engineer(Civil) for consideration and implementation of the same in the middle of 2015. But due to best reason known to the administrative authorities the same has not yet been either approved or implemented. The benefit of the cadre
review is due since 01.01.2006 as per the recommendation of the Committee and in accordance with the VI Pay Commission.
2. Creation of New Civil Division in Andhra Pradesh i.e. at Vijayawada :- As it is aware that a New Postal Circle have already been created and started functioning. But while creating the Postal Circle no Civil Wing Units have been either created or bifurcated from the existing Hyderabad Division. The non-creation of the Civil Wing Units separately for the new State the works of the Postal Circle will not be able to be carried out by the Civil Wing effectively and both the Chief Postmaster Generals will be facing lot of problems in getting the works through one Division.
3. Revival of Abolished Posts In Civil Wing:- The Department of Posts have commenced the direct appointment in the cadres of Civil Wing since 2010 only. Till 1997 the filling up of the posts were done by either on deputation or inter-departmental transfers up to 50% of total sanctioned strength. Since 1997 to 2009 there was no appointment in any cadre by direct recruitment due to non-finalization of Recruitment Rules. Without considering the lapses in recruitment process by the Department all the vacant posts stands abolished as per the Government policy prevailing at that time without conducting any work study or actual requirement of the posts. Now each and every office is facing acute shortage of staff and heavy work load on the meager available staff. The Department of Posts have got revived many posts in the Postal Cadres except civil wing. The curtailment of staff strength affected very badly the promotional aspects of the existing staff and also the female staff members are facing lot of difficulties to avail the Child Care Leave/Maternity Leave as the leave sanctioning authorities are rejecting the applications stating the reason of shortage of staff and workload.
4. Rule-38 transfers to Works Clerk Grade-II and Junior Engineers:- Number of applications from the staff members are pending in the Chief Engineers office for Rule-38 transfers to the home state or nearby state as newly recruited staff by the Staff Selection Commission has allotted candidates to very far places from the home states. The Chief Engineer has turned number of applications by mere reasons of non-declaration of probation period of the staff members. The belated action of the Department for issuing the confirmation order by the Civil Circle Heads is not because of the reason in the control of the staff members. Further, as per existing orders of the Government a person who has been appointed against the regular post and completes the probation period successfully are considered to be confirmed against the posts. The matter may be reviewed and the orders for transfers wherever vacancy exists may be issued.
5. Promotion of Works Clerk Grade-II and M.T.S:- The Recruitment Rules provides for the promotion quota for both the Works Clerk Grade-I and Works Clerk Grade-II from the grade of W.C.Grade-II and MTS respectively. But in most of the Civil Circle offices are not filling up the vacancies due to mere reasons. The Civil Administration may be directed to take immediate necessary action to fill up all vacant posts of Works Clerk Grade-I and Grade-II
6. Recruitment of Draughtsman posts:- The post of Draughtsman is a mandatory post in Civil and Electrical Divisions for assisting in technical nature of works to the Executive Engineer in finalization of estimates, drawings and bills. But as on date ninety percent of these offices are not having any Draughtsman posts exists but that works are got it done through the clerical cadre officials which is highly against the procedures and code of utilization of financial powers of the Executive Engineers. The Recruitment Rules for the post of Draughtsman has since been finalized and published by the Department very recently. Action to fill up the vacancies on promotion from the eligible candidates can be done very easily and the process of direct recruitment may also be commences at the earliest.
7. Up-gradation of Office Superintendent posts in Civil Circle as Assistant Administrative Officer:- At present the posts of Office Superintendents in the Civil Circle are posted in the Non-Gazetted posts as is done is CPWD offices. Now the CPWD has upgraded the post of Office Superintendents to Gazetted rank and amended the designation as Assistant Administrative Officer. The action is warranted in Postal Department also. At present the Engineering Officers are posted to assist the Superintending Engineers in the administrative matters who can be diverted to their engineering fields instead of administrative works. The capability of disposing of the administrative matters will be higher than the engineering cadre officers as the office superintendents are promotional posts of the clerical cadre of the Civil Wing hence they are well versed with the administrative and nature of civil wing works.
8. Redesignation of post of Assistant to Assistant Section Officers:- At present there is no supervisory posts in Division Offices are available as per the latest instructions of Civil wing Administration. An official is getting promotion to the grade of Assistant in the civil wing is after more than twenty years of service and they should be assigned with the supervisory nature of works and their designation should be Assistant Section Officer as was done by the Department of Personnel and Training recently.
9. Exclusion of ministerial staff from outstation postings:- As on date the ministerial staff in Group-C are liable to be transferred within the jurisdiction of Postal Civil Circles which is covering three to four states. The transfers of the Group-C to other states disturb their living and establishment of family life in their respective home states. Hence the liability of transfer should be restricted to Divisional Level.
10. Formation of JOINT COUNCIL IN CIVIL ESTABLISHMENT:- The joint council is formed in every Postal Circles but there is no joint council machinery in the Civil Wing. Due to non-availability of the joint council we do not have any platform to raise our issues before the administrative heads of Circle and Chief Engineer level and hence lot of issues raised by the unions are not attended by the administration. It is therefore requested that Civil Wing Administration may be directed to constitute the JCM machinery immediately so that most of our issues can be sorted out then and there.
In view of the above we request your good honor to kindly intervene in these matters as we have exhausted all our energy by raising issues with the Civil Wing Administration and now we have no alternative but to proceed for agitation programs to get resolved the issues pending before the administration.
Thanking you in anticipation of positive action from your end.
1. Shri D.Theagarajan, Secretary General, FNPO, New Delhi. He is requested to take up the above issues with the administration and help us to get resolved the long pending issues.
2. Shri D.Kishan Rao, General Secretary, NAPE Group-C, FNPO, New Delhi with the request to include the items deemed fit in the agenda of the Departmental Council meeting to be held on 20.12.2016
Posted by NATIONAL UNION OF POSTAL CIVIL WING EMPLOYEES at 03:02